November: Jumbo’s foundation with the objective of selling toys. Opening of the first store in Glyfada.
October: The second store opens in Psychiko
October: Two new stores open in Cholargos and Piraeus
July: Jumbo family grows by three new members. The fifth store opens in Tavros, the sixth in N.Erythrea and the seventh in Pagkrati.
October: First central warehouse of 8.000 square meters in Nikaia and the eighth (leased) department store in Nikaia
November: Jumbo expands its network with the opening of one new store which is located in Vari.
April: Thessaloniki welcomes the tenth Jumbo store.
June: successful IPO at the Athens Stock Exchange
November: The eleventh store opens in Patra
December: The company opens its twelfth store in Seirios.
August: The thirteenth store opens in Kolonos
April: The company opens its second warehouse in Inofita (13.500 sqm).
- The company proceeds with a share capital increase through the issuance of 1.200.000 new ordinary anonymous shares.
- Acquisition of related Cyprian company under the name «Jumbo Trading Ltd» former «Jumbo Investments Ltd»
December: Cretans may be proud of their own Jumbo that opened in Herakleon.
The third warehouse opens in Kaminia (14.259 sqm).
February: Contract of syndicated loan in EURO through the bank of Societe Generale of London and other banks (5 billion drachma)
August: The fifteenth store opens in Kalamata.
October: The sixteenth store opens in Paiania.
November: The seventeenth store opens in Kaminia, Piraeus.
Disastrous fire of unknown cause, broke out in the warehouses and central offices of the Company in Aigaleo of Attica at Thyvon Avenue, 255.
March: Completion of the Company’s share capital increase through the issuance of 3.456.000 new nominal shares and a ratio of 2 new shares for every 10 old shares with 1.500. Issue income (5, 2 billion dr.)
March: Re-naming the affiliate company in Cyprus into «Jumbo Trading Ltd»
April: Change of the Company’s title from «Baby Land Toys S.A.” to “JUMBO Anonymous Commercial Company” under the distinctive title «Jumbo»
July: Registration of the Jumbo Trading Ltd in Cyprus Stock Exchange.
August: The eighteenth store opens in Vrilissia.
- Issuance of four-year duration of Convertible Bond Loan with preference option in favour of the old shareholders. Issue of 2.764.800 bonds of nominal value of 1.450 dr. and purchase price of 1.450dr. - 4.008.960.000 dr. Contracting Bank Societe Generale
- Purchase of buildings in Avlona of Attica 13.300 sqm and land surface of 76.353 sqm.
- The nineteenth store opens in N. Efkarpia, Thessaloniki.
- Purchase of land of total surface of 108.000sqm in Inofita and for the construction of central warehouse of the Company.
Location of central management offices and other services in the historic building in Moschato of Attica of 2.030 sq. m
Operation of the central warehouses of about 36.000 sq.m. and the construction of additional storage space of approximately 9.000 sq.m. in Oinofyta of Viotia
Following the tender, the Company was entitled the right of exclusive production and trade of the mascot of category “Toys” for the Olympic Games held in Athens in 2004.
July: The twentieth Jumbo is a hyperstore and is at the Thessaloniki Port
August: At Anixi of Attica opens the twenty-first hyperstore.
- Contracting a syndicated loan of an amount of € 60.000.000 with the Bank ΒΝΡ Paribas, for financing the company’s investment program.
- Opening of the new owned store in Lemessos of Cyprus of total surface.
March: The twenty- second store opens in Agrinio
May: The twenty-third store opens in Larissa.
August: The twenty-forth store opens in Ioannina.
November: Kavala welcomes that twenty-fifth Jumbo store.
- And the people of Rodos have their own Jumbo, since the opening of the twenty-sixth store.
- Opening of a new store in Nicosia, Cyprus.
This year, four new hyper stores added at Jumbo’s network!
- August: The twenty-seventh in Chalkida (7.500 sqm).
- December:The twenty-eighth in Chania (7.131 sqm), the twenty –ninth in Marousi (3.673 sqm), and the thirtieth in Ilion (4.800 sqm).
Relocation of the company’s warehouses from Kaminia to Avlona and closing of the store too.
February: Issuance of Ordinary Bond Loan of the amount of € 45 million. Organized by e «EFG Telesis Finance.» and «BNP Paribas». The loan was paid by the company on 07.12.2006.
March: The thirty- first store opens in Agia Paraskevi (4.770sqm).
August: The thirty- second opens in Corinthos (7.000sqm)
November: Karditsa welcomes the thirty-third hyperstore of 9.500 sqm.
December: The thirty –forth hyperstore ….belongs to Volos (6.500 sqm)!
July: On July 9th, 2004 the shares of the subsidiary «JUMBO TRADING LTD» delisted from the Cyprus Stock Exchange as a result of acceptance of the Public Offer and the purchase of the rest of the shares by JUMBO S.A.
April: The thirty-fifth store opens in Alimos (13.500 sqm).
July: Two more store are added at Jumbo family, with the opening of the thirty-sixth store in Corfu (7.500 sqm.) and the thirty- seventh in Patra (4.400sqm)
September: On September 1, 2005 in Bulgaria was founded the subsidiary company «JUMBO EC.B» based in Sofia. The company proceeded with the purchase of a plot and the construction of a building aiming to create a hyper store of 15.000 sq.m.
October: Conversion into shares of the as of 200 Bond Load and share capital increase by an equal amount.
November: The thirty-eighth store opens in N.Ionia (6.950sqm).
December: The thirty- ninth store opens in Alexandroupoli (7.500 sqm).
June: Decision of the issuance of Convertible Bond Loan of the amount € 42.432.150,00
July: Launch of the fortieth Jumbo store in Lamia (5.809 sqm).
August: The subsidiary company «Jumbo EC.R» was founded based in Bucharest.
The old store in Glyfada closes as the new hyper stores replace the old ones.
January: The old stores in Psichiko and N.Erythrea also close.
March: The new Jumbo store opens at the port of Piraeus (10.517 sqm).
May: Approval of the issuance of Common Bond Loan (non convertible) of the amount of € 145.000.000 and seven-year duration.
- Opening of a new store in Varimpopi.
- Opening of the first store in Bulgaria in the city of Sofia (15.000 sqm).
- Promachonas acquires its own Jumbo!
- A new Jumbo store opens in Renti and one more in Maroussi (10.000 sqm.).
January: The store in Cholargos closes.
March: One new store is added at the Jumbo family in Aspopyrgos (9.000 sqm.).
November: Launch of the second store in Bulgaria at the city of Plovdiv (13.500 sqm)
This year Jumbo opens six new hyper stores!
August: Opens a new store in Sofia (Bulgaria) the second one at the city
- Preveza has its one Jumbo
- Larissa welcomes the second store in the city.
- Opens the new store in Larnaka (Cyprus).
- And a third store in Sofia (Bulgaria).
December: Ioannina welcomes the second store in the city.
May: In Varna (Bulgaria) opens the fifth store of the Group at the country
July: In Burgas (Bulgaria) opens the sixth store of the Group at the country
September: In Eleysina opens the fifty-forth store of the Group.
October: Opening of the Group’s new hyper store in Spata-Gialou
November: Opening of the Group’s new hyper store in Giannitsa
May: In Ruse (Bulgaria) opens the seventh store of the Group at the country and the port of Lavrio (Greece) gets its own Jumbo
July: A new Jumbo store opens in Nea Philadelphia (Athens)
August: The sixtieth store of the Group opens in Palaio Faliro
November: One more Jumbo opens in Thessaloniki at the Florida Shopping center
December: The eighth store of the Group opens in Sofia
July: A new Jumbo store opens in Serres
August: A new Jumbo opens at Agios Eleftherios
October: The first Jumbo store in Romania opens at the citi of Timisoara
- The second Jumbo store in Romania opens at the city of Bucharest
- The new Jumbo store opens in Paphos, Cyprus
August: A new Jumbo opens at Iasmos, Greece
October: The second Jumbo store in Bucharest, Romania opens
- The fourth Jumbo store in Romania (Oradea) opens
- and the fifth store of the Group in Cyprus (Limassol)